What is a Play Card and why should I get one?
- The Play Card is the new and improved Cash Card. The Play Card has all the qualities of its predecessor and more, so why not pick one up in shop today, link it to your account and enjoy all of its benefits?
- Let’s take a closer look at some of the benefits you will enjoy as a Play Card holder:
- Reward– You get better rewards for betting with your Play Card, such as earning money back as CASH rather than money back as free bets when we offer specials on events (T&Cs apply).
- In Shop Betting – You can place shop bets using your Paddy Power online account balance – just tap your contactless Play Card. Any winnings from these bets will settle automatically to your Paddy Power account, giving you instant access to winnings.
- Contactless– The Play Card has a built-in contactless feature to make placing a bet as easy as paying for a morning coffee in a café.
- Deposits– You can use the Play Card in shop to deposit funds to your Paddy Power account. You can either deposit by going to the counter or by scanning your card on one of our Self-Service Betting Terminals and inserting cash.
- Withdrawals– You can use the Play Card to withdraw your online funds instantly in any Paddy Power shop.
- Bet Tracking – When you bet with your Play Card in shop, you will see a digital copy of the bet you have just placed in your “My Bets” section of your Paddy Power account. Winnings from any bets placed using the Play card will be paid directly to your Paddy Power account, meaning you don’t need to return to the shop to collect. How’s that for efficiency?
- Self-Service Betting Terminals– Another benefit of the Play Card is you can bet with your Paddy Power balance on our self-service betting terminals in shop. Simply scan the barcode of your Play Card in a terminal, enter your Play Card pin number and begin betting.
- Like what you’ve read? Then pick up a Play Card the next time you’re in a Paddy Power shop and link the card to your PP account to enjoy the benefits immediately.
How do I use my Play Card?
How do I get a Play card?
- Simply ask a member of staff in one of our Paddy Power shops for a Play Card – it’s that easy. Once you have your Play Card, you just need to link and activate your card the card.
How do I link & activate my Play card?
- Step 1: Visit My Account when logged in to the Paddy Power app and select ‘Cash Card & Play Card’.
- Step 2: Follow the on-screen instructions as seen in the image. The card number can be found on the back of the Play Card.
- Step 3: When you have successfully linked the Play card to your account, you will need to activate the card by presenting it in shop and a friendly staff member will help you to set up a PIN number. Then you’re good to go!
How do I place bets with a Play card?
- You can either bet at the counter or on a self-service betting terminal.
At the counter:
- Take your bet and your Play Card to the counter and let our friendly staff know that you will pay with your card. Once the staff member has processed the betting slip on their side, they will then instruct you to tap or swipe your Play Card. The bet will be paid for from your Paddy Power balance. This bet will be viewable in the “My Bets” section of your Paddy Power account.
Self-Service Betting Terminals:
- Press the ‘Play Card’ tab on the main screen. This will direct you to a screen where you have two options:
- Typing in the long card number of the Play card
- Scanning the barcode of the Play Card at the terminal
- The next step is to enter the pin number of your card on screen.
- Your Paddy Power balance will then become the balance of the Self-Service Betting Terminal and you can begin to place bets on the terminal using your Paddy Power balance. Bets placed on a Self-Service Betting Terminal will not be viewable in the “My Bets” section of your Paddy Power account.
- When finished placing your bets please remember to log out of the terminal you are using. The terminal will log you out automatically after a period of inactivity.
Cash Card and Play Card Terms and Conditions
- The Paddy Power Cash Card and Play Card are only available to existing Dial-a-Bet or paddypower.com account holders.
- Only one Paddy Power Cash Card or Play Card per account is allowed at any given time.
- Cash withdrawals are only available once your Dial-a-Bet or paddypower.com account has been open for 24 hours.
- A Passport or an Irish or UK Driving License must be produced to activate your Paddy Power Cash Card or Play Card in a shop.
- Loss or change of PIN requires the Paddy Power Cash Card or Play Card to be reactivated.
- There may be instances where proof of ID and/or credit card will be requested prior to subsequent cash withdrawals being processed.
- Customers are responsible for the security of their PIN. Customers will be held liable for all withdrawals made using their card and correct PIN.
- Withdrawals will only be allowed if a Customer has their Cash Card or Play Card with them in the shop at time of withdrawal and their PIN confirmed.
- Only Sterling may be deposited or withdrawn in shops in the UK and Euro in shops in the Republic of Ireland.
- Sterling deposits/withdrawals to/from a Euro account and Euro deposits/withdrawals to/from a Sterling account will be converted using the daily Paddy Power currency conversion rate.
- Bets placed with the Cash Card or Play Card will be subject to Paddy Power’s Shop Rules (a copy of which is available in store and at helpcenter.paddypower.com/app/answers/detail/p/6/a_id/2457).
- Bets placed with the Cash Card or Play Card will automatically settle to the account holder’s online account.
- The minimum cash deposit/withdrawal is £10.
- Cash Deposits are limited to a daily maximum limit of £2,500.
- Cash withdrawals are always dependent on the cash available in-shop.
- Cash withdrawals are limited to a daily maximum of £2000.
- Contactless bet placement on the Play Card is limited to a maximum limit of £100 per transaction. PIN validation will be required for every sixth bet.
- The funds available for withdrawal are subject to Paddy Powers Closed Loop Policy.
- You cannot withdraw using a Paddy Power Cash Card if you have deposited with Ukash.
- Credit cards cannot be used to fund a deposit to or receive a withdrawal from a Cash Card or Play Card.
- Funds from a non-verified credit/debit card will not be available for withdrawal from a Paddy Power Cash Card.
- In order to withdraw cash held in your Poker/Casino/Games wallet, funds must first be transferred to your Sportsbook account.
- Paddy Power reserves the right to recover from you any overpaid amounts made in error as part of a cash withdrawal.
- Paddy Power reserves the right to refuse at our sole discretion a Customer's application for a Cash Card or Play Card, or to revoke a Customer's Cash Card or Play Card at any time.
- Customer transactions may be suspended if customers attempt to deposit and then immediately withdraw cash. This is an anti-money laundering restriction.
- Responsible gambling limits applied to a customer’s online account will also apply to card play in shop (on either Cash Card or Play Card). Self-exclusion from Paddy Power Online will result in the immediate cancellation of the Cash Card or Play Card (as applicable).
- We will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that you comply with the terms of your self-exclusion but you agree and acknowledge that we have no responsibility or liability whatsoever if you continue to gamble and place bets with us and we fail to recognise or determine that you have requested to be self-excluded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information provided by you to us is accurate and up-to-date at all times and we shall not be liable to you for any claims, damages or losses suffered by you as a result of your failure to provide us with accurate information and to keep such information up-to-date for any reason whatsoever including, without limitation, any claims, damages or losses suffered by you arising out of or in connection with any failure by you to provide accurate information which results in the receipt of marketing.